As an OPS Engineer you will maintain the IT stack (including risk & security) and you will help to deliver business value across the entire end-to-end application chain together with your team. You understand the total stack and contribute to all activities on your backlog: You are able to move all typical stories and tasks from To Do to Done.
Some examples of activities are:
- Refinement and planning with your team, teams from the involved E2E chain and the Product Owner. The change needs to be an integrated part of the total solution.
- Use your knowledge of one or more frameworks (depending on your domain this concerns User Interfaces, Middleware, Databases, etc.) to make your application better.
- Have an understanding of Operating Systems and Middleware software which you configure to deliver agreed features. You know where the risks are between your application/DB and OS and middleware.
- You understand and apply capacity- and performance management.
- You understand the principles of Continuous Delivery and use these in your DevOps team.
- You test code and applications: unit, system, regression, functional, integration, security, PEN, and chain testing at different (more and more connected) environments.
- You keep the team compliant to the risk standard of ING, daily maintenance of the required evidence and follow up on the changes in the risk standards and policies.
- You keep the IT Service secure at all levels: OS, middleware, application, chain and ING level. You take the right countermeasures to ensure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
- You use the most important ITIL processes and understand how these support the quality of your application.
- You and your team play a more and more important role in “hire & fire” and planning, coaching, and appraisal process. Therefore asking and receiving honest feedback is very important.
You will be fully part of an enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team that has a willingness to help you grow and learn as much as possible throughout your position.
Are you keen to know more or apply?
For further inquiries, please contact Stanley Waccary, Business manager via Stanley.Waccary@ing.com.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!